Sunday 4 October 2015

Chicken Mushroom Bruschetta


Hello everyone, I am back again!  I am so sorry for missing in action for  almost two months.  There are two reasons - our cameras are sent for service and it took almost a month and also due to me unreasonable working schedule. Well, this always happens to a full-time working married woman....sigh.

After a long break, I wish to share with you this recipe that was on my trial list for sometime, that is bruschetta.  I used to make varieties of vegetables and fruit topping whenever there are any home gathering, parties or potluck.  But this round I am eager to try out something savory and I am satisfied with the turn out.

Chicken Mushroom is my choice for this round bruschetta topping.  I had added a little touch of Asian feel in my recipe.  To make the colors stand out I have added in a little of dark soy sauce in my way of caramelizing the chicken meat with mushrooms.  No regrets at all!  It goes so well with the crispy toasted, buttered slice French baguette.   To make the bites feeling not too meaty, I intentionally combined the cooked chicken mushroom topping with some thinly chopped lettuce, so you can feel both kinds of crunchy from the greens and also the toasted sliced baguette.  

Holiday seasons round the corner, try this out for your guests at home!


INGREDIENTS

1 French baguette, slice
300g minced chicken meat
6 button mushrooms, thinly slice
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter for cooking & 1-2 tbsp for spread 
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp dried thymes
1 tbsp dark soy sauce combines with 1/2 cup of water
Some salt, pepper for seasoning
1 romaine lettuce, thinly slice



DIRECTIONS

1.   Preheat oven 180 degree Celsius.
2.   Spread a thin layer of butter on every slice of baguette and arrange them on a baking tray and bake them for 10 minutes or until both sides turn golden brownish.  Once done, set aside and leave it to cold.
3.   In a pan of skillet, heat-up olive oil and butter, saute garlic until fragrant.  
4.  Add in the chicken meat until the meat half cooked, follow by the mushrooms, combined well.
5.   Pour in the mixture of soy sauce and water and let it simmer for a few minutes or until the mixtures are well glazed.
6.   Season with dried thymes, salt and pepper and remove from heat.  Set aside and leave it to cold down.
7.   Add in chopped lettuce and mix well.
6.   Spread the mixtures on top of the toasted slice baguette and is ready to serve!












No comments:

Post a Comment